As part of the Center for Neurosciences commitment to comprehensive care, we offer our patients the most advanced technology in radiation therapy. Our compassionate and skilled staff guide patients through a complex treatment with ease.
The TrueBeam STx System
TrueBeam STx is an advanced radiation therapy system that opens up treatment options for some of the most complex tumors and conditions. The TrueBeam system’s advanced imaging and powerful treatment modes allow our physicians to tailor treatments specific to the patient’s particular diagnosis.
TrueBeam STx is also designed to enhance the patient experience. Thanks to an advanced communications system, the therapist running the system can be in constant contact with the patient. As part of this enhancement, TrueBeam has a music feature, which enables music to be played during treatment.
How does it work?
TrueBeam combines imaging, beam delivery and sophisticated motion management to accurately and precisely target tumors with speed.
- The TrueBeam rotates around the patient to deliver a prescribed radiation dose from nearly any angle.
- Multiple imaging systems are integrated into the TrueBeam system to verify proper positioning within the radiation beam to millimeter or sub-millimeter accuracy.
- An accessory called a high-definition multileaf collimator shapes the beam. This device allows treatment of the target while minimizing dose to surrounding healthy tissue.
- The TrueBeam offers the fastest treatments available. Faster treatments are more convenient and comfortable for patients. Furthermore, faster treatments minimize the chance that the patient or the patient’s internal organs move during treatment.
- TrueBeam can be used for many forms of advanced treatment techniques including Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and RapidArc® Radiation Therapy. Because of this, patients can receive the treatment that is best suited for their specific clinical circumstances.
Call Center for Neurosciences at (520) 795-7750 for more information or to schedule an appointment.